Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS w/Raid 5

I saw your video on the Asustor NVME system. I like the footprint and lack of HDD chatter.

My environment is solely wireless with a 1GB router, though there are multiple devices, there is only myself in the house with ocassionaly family (five) that may have two devices streaming off the NAS.

I have two computer devices that I back up data files weekly. There is approximately 5TB of video data 1080 and 4K both MP4 & MKV.. There is 120GB of music files, along with a bunch of install files backed up.

I'm not married to any specific solution including the Asustor (though nice). Plex seems to be your recommendation and I do have it in my environment.

I appreciate your input and would be happy to use your links for purchase. Please note that I am in the middle of a remodel, so any purchase would be approximately two months out.

Sincerely,

Joe
For optimal backup solutions, Synology NAS units offer the best-integrated backup applications, ensuring seamless data protection. Other NAS brands may rely on third-party software for backup functionalities, which may not always offer the same level of integration or ease of use.

To reduce noise and enhance performance, consider utilizing SATA SSDs in the HDD bays or NVMe SSDs for primary storage and running applications. This configuration can significantly improve overall system responsiveness and reduce operational noise, especially in a home environment.
DS423+ is a popular choice for home.