Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rack-mount TB4 DAS

Dear Robbie,
We have 140tb of the rarest medical conditions recorded in 8k 12bit raw, but we have the files on random HDDs; my data storage is terrible.
Some of the files are on an old TB2 QNAP DAS (tvs682t).
We plan to shoot another 100tb this year at a minimum, and I will need space for proxies and audio too.

Priorities are
1. ZFS (presumably with truenas scale, however I’m unsure about its TB support)
2. High speed ingest from 5x8k raw cameras +1 4k raw camera, plus drones/audio recording
3. Yearly/6 monthly drive pool expandability
4. WD ultrastar 22tb drives (only trust ultrastar)

We fully expect to pay for your advice, and would like to support your business with our purchasing if possible. Eventually, I wish to bring medicine in to the 21st century given the current state of our NHS, but that’s a whole other discussion for another day.

Thank you for everything you do for the community!

Kind regards,

Russ
Thank you for reaching out with your storage requirements. Considering your need for high-speed connectivity and ZFS support, I highly recommend the QNAP TVS-h874 or the TVS-88x series.

These models offer the perfect blend of Thunderbolt connectivity and ZFS compatibility, ensuring seamless integration into your workflow. Here's why they are ideal for your needs:

Thunderbolt Connectivity: Both the QNAP TVS-h874 and the TVS-88x series come equipped with Thunderbolt ports, enabling lightning-fast data transfer from your high-resolution cameras and drones. This ensures efficient ingest of your 8K and 4K raw footage, as well as audio recordings.

ZFS Support: With ZFS support, these NAS units provide robust data protection and management capabilities, essential for handling sensitive medical data. ZFS ensures data integrity and reliability, crucial for your medical records.

Scalability: The TVS-h874 and TVS-88x series offer scalability options to accommodate your growing storage needs. You can easily expand the storage capacity as your data volume increases, ensuring future-proofing for your storage infrastructure.

Reliability: QNAP is known for its reliability and performance in the NAS market. With these models, you can trust in the durability and stability of your storage solution, crucial for medical data management.

Considering your budget and requirements, investing in the QNAP TVS-h874 or the TVS-88x series will provide you with a robust and future-proof storage solution that meets your high-speed connectivity and ZFS support needs.