Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help me find a NAS

I need a new NAS, my Drobo is 10+ years old, and they went bankrupt, so no new updates, no support. Kinda worried about it crapping out on me soon, so I wanted to get a new one.

I mainly use it for media storage, and serving videos through Plex. But also just file storage in general.

That's really all I'll be using it for, but I need a lot of storage because I ripped all of my movies/TV shows from disc. Also a built-in torrent client of some sort would be a plus.

A way to add more NAS to it after the fact would be nice too. Like get them to pool together? I don't know how to word it.

I was looking at these as potential candidates. You can tell me what you think, or if there's better options available.

Asustor Lockerstor 10 AS6510T - 10 Bay

TERRAMASTER T9-450 9Bay NAS

QNAP TS-664-8G-US 6 Bay

Thanks for your help.
Considering your requirements and budget, the QNAP TS-664-8G-US appears to be a promising option for your new NAS setup. With its six bays, it offers a good balance between storage capacity and affordability, making it suitable for your media storage needs, including hosting your extensive collection of movies and TV shows ripped from discs. The TS-664-8G-US is well-equipped to serve videos through Plex efficiently, ensuring smooth playback for your media consumption.

While it may have fewer bays compared to the Asustor Lockerstor 10 AS6510T, the TS-664-8G-US still provides ample storage space for your requirements. Additionally, it offers a built-in torrent client, allowing you to conveniently download content directly to your NAS. Although it has fewer expansion options than the Asustor model, its six bays provide a decent level of scalability for future storage expansion needs.

Overall, the QNAP TS-664-8G-US presents a compelling choice, offering a balance of performance, affordability, and features that align with your needs for media storage, Plex serving, and file management. Should you have any further inquiries or require assistance, feel free to reach out.