Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best 16TB NAS

Hello,

I am new to the world of NAS tecnology. I own a very small business where I currently have had a Seagate MyCloud 4TB drive based at my home that allows me to access it from my work shop at another location. After 6 years that drive is running out of data space (plenty of graphic files such as Photoshop .psd, .png, .jpg and some doucments). I have been looking into 2 or maybe 4 bay NAS by DW and Synology and leaning towards Synology DS723+ or maybe 423+. I believe I can add (2) 16TB Seagate IronWolf drives and configure Raid 1 so it automaticaly backs up the primary drive. Does this sound like the best solution or do you have other recomendations? Thanks in advance.
It's great to hear that you're looking to upgrade your storage solution for your small business! Based on your requirements and budget, the Synology DS723+ or DS423+ would indeed be excellent choices. Both models offer reliable performance and flexibility for expanding storage capacity.

Considering your need for ample storage space, configuring a RAID 1 setup with two 16TB Seagate IronWolf drives would provide redundancy and automatic backup of your primary data, ensuring data integrity and protection against drive failures. This setup would offer you a total usable capacity of 16TB, which should accommodate your growing collection of graphic files and documents.

If you prioritize higher performance and future scalability, the DS723+ with its AMD Ryzen CPU might be the better option. However, if you're looking for a more budget-friendly solution without compromising on essential features, the DS423+ would still meet your needs effectively.

Overall, both the DS723+ and DS423+ paired with Seagate IronWolf drives in a RAID 1 configuration would offer you a reliable and scalable NAS solution for your business needs.