Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Painful file transfer from PC to NAS

I owe the Synology 416Play. I was having issues with the two even talking to one another until I did a clean install of Windows. Now I'm able to run the synology assistant and on occasion do a victory dance when I'm not able to mount it correctly. Any easy fix or could I pay for someone to remotely fix. I'm pretty much below novice as I get notification that my connection is not secure (but I have the network on private).
It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating issues with file transfers between your PC and Synology NAS. First, ensure that both devices are on the same network and that your NAS is accessible. Regarding the connection not being secure, it's likely due to the NAS using HTTP instead of HTTPS by default. While not ideal, it's common for local network connections and shouldn't be a major concern within your private network. If you're still encountering difficulties, seeking remote assistance from a professional may be a good option to diagnose and resolve the issue efficiently. You can explore platforms like FC4 [fc4.co.uk] or DSMSystems [dsmsystems.co.uk] for technical support. Hang in there, and hopefully, your file transfer woes will soon be a thing of the past!