Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

JellyFin on NAS TS-264

I followed the instruction on Youtube video:   QNAP NAS JellyFfn installation - THE EASY WAY TO DO IT

I created a media library for Photos and pointed it to a JellyFInPhotos folder I created with File Station in a path under the Multimedia Share folder.  I placed couple of photos in that directory, but I cannot see those photos in the Photos Library on the Jellyfin server.  Why? What have I missed? Permissions look correct to me.  I am a new use of QNAP and JellyFin.

Thanks
(02-21-2024, 06:58 PM)tgelmer Wrote: I followed the instruction on Youtube video:   QNAP NAS JellyFfn installation - THE EASY WAY TO DO IT

I created a media library for Photos and pointed it to a JellyFInPhotos folder I created with File Station in a path under the Multimedia Share folder.  I placed couple of photos in that directory, but I cannot see those photos in the Photos Library on the Jellyfin server.  Why? What have I missed? Permissions look correct to me.  I am a new use of QNAP and JellyFin.

Thanks

I removed the libraries and re-added them and they are now working.
It sounds like you've made progress in resolving the issue with your JellyFin setup on your QNAP NAS, but just to provide some insight into why you might have encountered the initial problem:

When setting up media libraries in JellyFin, it's essential to ensure that the file paths and permissions are configured correctly. Since you're new to QNAP and JellyFin, it's possible that there was a small oversight or misconfiguration in the initial setup.

By removing and re-adding the libraries, you essentially refreshed the configuration, which likely resolved any potential issues with file paths or permissions. Sometimes, this kind of troubleshooting step can help resolve minor setup glitches.
(02-23-2024, 02:13 PM)ed Wrote: It sounds like you've made progress in resolving the issue with your JellyFin setup on your QNAP NAS, but just to provide some insight into why you might have encountered the initial problem:

When setting up media libraries in JellyFin, it's essential to ensure that the file paths and permissions are configured correctly. Since you're new to QNAP and JellyFin, it's possible that there was a small oversight or misconfiguration in the initial setup.

By removing and re-adding the libraries, you essentially refreshed the configuration, which likely resolved any potential issues with file paths or permissions. Sometimes, this kind of troubleshooting step can help resolve minor setup glitches.

Thank you file the reply and information.  Is is greatly appreciated.