Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS for film edit

Hello, Im interested on NAS for my film edit workflow that allows to share my files for remote co-workers (editor, colorist, etc) with enough speed to edit from the storage system instead from the computer.

Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB memory
For your film editing workflow requiring seamless collaboration with remote co-workers, I recommend considering a NAS solution like the Synology DS1621+ or DS1823xs+. Both models offer robust performance and ample storage capacity to accommodate your needs. The DS1621+ features a 6-bay design, while the DS1823xs+ offers 8 bays, providing scalability for future expansion if required. Equipped with powerful CPUs and ample RAM, these NAS units can handle simultaneous editing tasks and deliver fast file transfer speeds for efficient collaboration. Additionally, Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) software offers comprehensive features for data management, security, and remote access, ensuring a smooth and secure editing experience for your team. With your budget of $1,000, you may need to consider additional expenses such as hard drives and any necessary networking equipment for optimal performance.