Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home NAS/BeeStation Advice

First love your channel and reviews. I am looking for a NAS to back up my home PC and mobile photos. It will be used by wife and family who are not tech savvy at all. Your recent review of the Synology BeeStation seems perfect. Do you have any other suggestions? I am concerned about it only being a single drive and would also prefer an SSD option. Should I wait for Synology to come out with better versions for BeeStations or do youhave any other NAS suggestions that I should consider.
Thank you
Michael McChargue
Certainly! The BeeStation is an excellent option, known for its user-friendly interface and affordability. It's a straightforward solution for basic backup needs. However, if you require additional features like comprehensive system backups down to the bare metal, then the DS224+ from the "Plus" series would be ideal. With its mirroring capabilities, it ensures robust data protection and recovery options. On the other hand, if your requirements primarily involve folder-level backups, the BeeStation NAS is fully capable of meeting those needs efficiently.