Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS1515+ Dead

Hi Guys - I hope this message finds you all well. My original DS1515+ has officially died. I tried to change the PSU and nothing changed. I'm little off on what my options are but if I found a DS1522+ would that be an option to transfer into? I have a solid back up and also a DS920+ that I'm using as my primary but really would like to replace the 1515+ and just curious what options I have since I know I was limited on the recent version of DSM on this one and with all the new processors out if I'm going to have issues? I appreciate your time and any advice you can give.
Thanks,
Rob
Sorry to hear about your DS1515+ biting the dust! But hey, it happens to the best of us. Luckily, you've got a couple of options to consider. If you're eyeing the DS1522+, it could indeed be a solid choice for a replacement. As long as you have a Plus series model with enough bays to move your drives over, you're good to go. Don't worry too much about the age of the model; it's more about compatibility and functionality. With your backup and DS920+ holding down the fort, transitioning to the DS1522+ could give you that extra boost in performance and features you're looking for. Plus, it opens up the door to newer DSM versions and all the goodies they bring. Best of luck with your decision