Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Advice

Dear Mr.Andrews. Thank you very much for your response. i will proceed with the purchase of the following items:
1-TVS-h874T-i7
2-8X16TB IronWolf
3-Crucial 2TB P5 Plus * 2
4-QM2-2P410G2T
5-QSW-M3216R-8S8T
is it possible to have a formal advise from you for the installation once its done, and how much it will cost?
please we are in a tight schedule , you advise changing or adding some staff?
by the way, would i be able to still use the thunderbolt at full speed (1400) or there is no need to use it?

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.
Thank you for considering our recommendations. Your selection of components, including the TVS-h874T-i7, 8x16TB IronWolf drives, Crucial 2TB P5 Plus NVMe SSDs, QM2-2P410G2T expansion card, and QSW-M3216R-8S8T switch, appears robust and well-suited for your needs. To ensure a smooth installation process, it's advisable to follow the manufacturer's guidelines meticulously. Given your tight schedule, you might find it beneficial to engage professional assistance for expedited setup and configuration, potentially minimizing any setbacks.

Concerning NVMe caching, it's essential to prioritize reliability, especially considering the high read and write operations involved. Models with a durability rating (DWPD) of 0.5 and above are recommended for caching purposes. From the provided list, options like the Seagate FireCuda 520 (0.9 DWPD) and WD Red SN700 (1.0 DWPD) stand out for their durability, making them suitable choices to enhance storage performance through caching.

Regarding Thunderbolt connectivity, the TVS-h874T-i7 supports high-speed data transfer up to 1400 MB/s. Whether you utilize Thunderbolt or other connectivity options depends on your specific workflow requirements. If tasks like video editing or accessing large files demand high-speed transfers, Thunderbolt can offer significant benefits. However, for less demanding tasks, alternative connections may suffice without sacrificing performance.