Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replace my old Synology NAS for Plex

I have a DS416tj to replace. It has served me well over the years, but needs better performance and space. I am looking at Synology 5-bay Disk Station DS1522+ for $700 and QNAP TS-932PX-4G 5+4 Bay High-Speed NAS with Two 10GbE for $650. Both are on Amazon. It is only used for Plex. Which one do you recommend? The next step is figure out how to move my Plex stuff and data.
Hey there! If you're primarily using your NAS for Plex, I'd recommend going for the Synology DS1522+. It offers robust support for multimedia streaming and provides excellent performance for your Plex needs. On the other hand, the QNAP TS-932PX-4G might fall short in terms of performance, especially for demanding tasks like Plex streaming. If you're looking for even better performance and transcoding capabilities, you might want to consider the QNAP TS-664 or TS-h674. These options provide more power and flexibility for your multimedia needs. As for transferring your Plex data, both Synology and QNAP have user-friendly interfaces that make the migration process relatively straightforward.