Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex NAS

Hi there! I recently saw the UGreen NAS kickstarter ad and it got me thinking of my Plex that has been neglected lately. I find myself lacking more and more time to invest in these types of projects, embarrassingly I purchased 4 8TB drives to use for a plex server and then got lost in the weeds trying to set up a raid card in my previous gaming rig. I am familiar enough to say I'm comfortable with building PCs so if there is a good cost benefit to building a mini PC for Plex I could most likely handle it but I have definitely been leaning more towards plug and play options. Currently I have those 4 "new" in box 8TB drives and I believe I have 4 4TB drives as well. I have a 15 year old HAF case that could be used for a custom build if that ends up being the suggested route. My main goal is to set up a Plex server to house all of my Movies/Music/Pictures so that I can access them via the many Plex apps in and outside of the home network on my TV/Tablets/Phones etc. Thanks!
Hey there! Thanks for reaching out about setting up your Plex server! Considering your setup and familiarity with building PCs, a custom build might be a good fit if you're up for it. However, if you're leaning towards a plug-and-play option, I'd recommend checking out the Synology DS423+. It's a solid choice for multimedia streaming, offering seamless remote access to your content via Plex apps on various devices. With support for up to 4 drives and equipped with a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 CPU with transcoding engine, it ensures smooth playback of your media files. Plus, Synology's user-friendly interface makes setup a breeze, so you can spend less time tinkering and more time enjoying your media collection. If you're interested, you can find more details about the DS423+ and other NAS options on our site's NAS Finder tool: https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/.