Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What is currently as of Feb 2024 the best HDD Capacity/Money?

Situ is i this 

I have a 923+ with 4x 8TB WD RED EFAX drives, had the drives for about 5 years, have recently upgraded to the 923+, but would like to do the \HDD migration to a new larger set of 10, 12, 14, 16tb drives.

i think for me for what im using the Synology which is mainly media files, moving to 10 is enough.

I have watched the videos on the best HDD i was looking at the Exos drives but wasn't sure if that is the best way.  

Thoughts and opinions please thank you.

If i can move to 4x12tb and it's a fair reasonable price.

Please also quote the HDD model you would recommend.
Thank you for reaching out regarding your storage upgrade for the Synology DS923+. It's great to hear that you're considering futureproofing your NAS to accommodate your growing media library.

The Synology DS923+ is indeed a powerful NAS solution, offering ample storage capacity and versatility for various applications. Upgrading to larger capacity drives like the Seagate Exos or WD Red Pro series is a wise move, as it ensures you have enough room to store your media files for years to come.

While drives like the Exos or Red Pro might be slightly louder than WD Red Plus drives, they come with the added benefit of longer warranties, providing you with peace of mind regarding drive reliability and durability. Additionally, these enterprise-grade drives are designed for 24/7 operation, making them well-suited for NAS environments like yours.

Furthermore, you mentioned concerns about compatibility limitations with Synology NAS. It's worth noting that there are methods available to remove these limitations, allowing you to use a wider range of drives and maximize the potential of your NAS setup. By exploring these options, you can ensure optimal performance and compatibility with your chosen drives.