Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

asustor-AS6706T

Hi I just but the Asustor Gen 2 AS6706T NAS, and been trying to follow your instructions here to install Truenas, but It will not install, I can not even get to the install screen. could you do a video on how to install truenas on the AS6706T. Thanks. Complete version is as follows: Asustor Lockerstor 6 Gen2 AS6706T | 6 Bay NAS, Quad Core 2.0GHz CPU, 4 M.2 PCIe 3.0 SSD Slots, 2 2.5GbE Ports, 8GB RAM DDR4, Rapid Storage for Creators, Network Attached Storage (Disk-less). When i go to the bios the USB drive shows but it shows the following ! USB HDD Scandisk Cruser. and wil not boot from the drive.

My hardware configuration is as follows:

4 x 1tb NVME M.2 3.0 x3
4 x 6 TB WD Red NAS HDD
2 x WD 500G HDD

any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Thank you for reaching out with your query about installing TrueNAS on your Asustor Lockerstor 6 Gen2 AS6706T NAS. It seems like you're encountering an issue where the NAS is not booting from the USB stick containing the TrueNAS installer.

To resolve this issue, you'll need to adjust the boot order in the BIOS settings of your NAS to prioritize booting from the USB stick.
I finally managed to get it installed, I ended up having to create my USB as DD instead of default. not sure why, but it worked, Have it installed and running great.