Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Advice

I am a videographer looking to build my own backup and cloud solution for transferring and editing files. I don’t mind this being a cheaper or weaker build as I’d like to use this to learn more about NAS systems and software. I also plan on upgrading from said hardware and converting that build into a media server or something useful for the home.
For your videography business and future-proofing your setup, the Synology DS423+ would be an excellent choice. With its quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor and 4GB of RAM, it offers robust performance for file transfers and basic editing tasks. The 4-bay design provides ample storage capacity, and you can configure it with RAID for data redundancy. Plus, it's a media-friendly option, allowing for smooth multimedia streaming both locally and remotely. If you're looking to upgrade for more intensive tasks in the future, the DS923+ could be worth considering, offering the potential for a 10GbE LAN port upgrade and enhanced performance for virtualization. Either way, you'll have a reliable NAS solution to support your videography business while also laying the foundation for future home media server needs.