Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

advice on video editing nas

Hey,

looking for some guidance for a video editing nas,
I edit up to 6k raw files using Divinci resolve
i edit from a m1 pro macbook
would be great to be able to edit from nas, alternatly just need fast data transfer and can edit from my external SSD's

happy to start with a 4 bay and buy expansion units when needed , or go up to 12 bay units from the start if budget allows
looking to use 12TB - 16TB drives,

would be great to keep it under 2k budget (excluding drives)

Thanks
For your video editing needs with up to 6k raw files using Divinci Resolve on your M1 Pro MacBook, the QNAP TVS-h674 or similar 74 series NAS would be a solid choice. With its robust hardware specifications, including a powerful processor and ample RAM, it provides the performance you require for smooth editing and fast data transfer. Starting with a 4-bay unit and expanding as needed with additional drives or expansion units is a flexible approach, ensuring scalability to accommodate your growing storage demands. Utilizing 12TB - 16TB drives will give you the capacity you need while staying within your budget range. You can also consider integrating NVMe caching for enhanced performance, keeping in mind reliability ratings such as DWPD/MTBF when selecting NVMe drives. If you encounter any technical issues or need troubleshooting assistance along the way, resources like FC4 and DSMSystems offer reliable support. For further guidance, you can explore the NAS Finder tool (https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/) to tailor your NAS selection to your specific requirements.