Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lexar NM790 SSD w/ Heatsink as DS1019+ Cache Drives

Lexar NM790 SSD with Heatsink 1TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal Solid State Drive

amzn.to/3U4YoYr

So i really enjoyed the review on this and I am looking to replace my existing SSD Cache drives in my Synology DS1019+ that I have that are 1TB drives. I like what you had to say about how these drives operated and the heat sink looks like it would keep them nice and cool.

Do you have any idea if they would fit in the compartment on the underside of the DS1019+? The Current ones I have are several years old Samsun EVO 970s and have been great, but I just got a report from the system that 1 of them has reached its EOL and to replace it immediately so I need to fund a suitable set of replacements as the other one is the same age.

Appreciate any help, just trying to avoid the purchase and send back if possible as they look like fantastic drives just with that heat sink they maybe to think is my only thought.

Again i always enjoy your work and appreciate any insight you might have!

jeffrey wiggins
You do not need a heatsink with Synology cache. But if you do this model should fit in there. There is quite a lot of space. We have not tried this though.