Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Advise

Actually I have DS218play.
We use it for backup folders of work and studies for 4 laptops at home.
When we go out for hollidays we use Surveillance Station.

I'm trying to run Jellyfin (with no success), homeassistant (OK), Radarr, Sonarr, TransmissiĆ³n + plex (OK but with the NAS suffering).

I'm looking DS423+ but I don't know if it can run Jellyfin but them self or must need a NUC in case of needs of transcoding.
Absolutely, the DS423+ is a solid choice for your needs. It features a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 with a transcoding engine, providing ample power for running Jellyfin directly on the NAS. The 4-bay configuration allows for flexible storage expansion as your needs grow, and the 2 GB DDR4 non-ECC RAM ensures smooth multitasking. Given your usage scenario, it's worth noting that the DS423+ supports Docker, which is essential for running Jellyfin. Additionally, with Plex already in the mix, the transcoding capabilities of the DS423+ will come in handy for a seamless multimedia experience. The NAS Finder tool (https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/) could help you explore more options based on your specific requirements and future considerations. Happy NAS hunting!