Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which NAS?

Hello, my current NAS is connected to an Nvidia Shield with a LAN cable. From there I go via HDMI cable to a Denon AVR-2400h. From there the picture goes to a Samsung OLED TV. I watch a lot of 4K Movies and also 265 HEVC with Atmos and Dolby True HD. Transcoding to a mobile phone or other device is not necessary. I only watch via TV. I need a NAS with about 90 TB of space (5 or 6 bay). Which NAS (if possible from Synology) would you recommend? Thank you very much for your answer.

Considering your 4K movie marathons and your specific setup for local streaming via TV, the Synology DS1821+ seems like an ideal choice. With its AMD Ryzen V1500B processor and 8-bay configuration, it offers robust performance and ample storage capacity for your 90TB needs. It's well-suited for local media playback and can handle the high-quality formats like Atmos and Dolby True HD seamlessly. However, if you're contemplating future needs and remote access, the QNAP TVS-h874 with its Intel Xeon D-1531 processor and 8 bays might be a future-proof option, especially for 4K streaming beyond your home network. Check out more details and prices on the official Synology and QNAP sites respectively. https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/