Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS / NVR / DVA selection

My main uses are file sharing, and video surveillance. Also, I want to keep my photos on the NAS and hoping that there is some nice software to categorize my photos without my help. I want a fluent use of searching files and manipulating them. Audio and video will only be used sporadic, so not that important.
I want to connect 4 to 8 cameras on the system for outdoor use. Are there systems that are able to close a contact to a home automation system when there is movement in certain areas?

For your specific needs of file sharing, video surveillance, and efficient photo management, the DS224+ from Synology is a solid choice. It offers a 2-bay configuration, making it suitable for your 8TB redundant storage requirement. With its quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor and 2 GB DDR4 non-ECC RAM, it strikes a balance between performance and cost-effectiveness. The DS224+ supports flexible transcoding, has no app limits, and includes features like active backup for business and VMs. However, do consider that it comes with a 5Gbit USB port, and lacks an expansion unit. For your current needs and considering potential future requirements, the DS224+ should serve you well for years to come.