Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

M.2 SSD Comparisom

Hi Robbie/Eddie, I'm looking to upgrade my laptop, ASUS ROG Strix GL703GM, from my research I've found that either the WD 850X or the Samsung 990 is the best SSD upgrade I can get. My question is, which one? The WD is currently cheaper, but the 990 is apparently just so much better, is it worth the extra €100 in the long run?
Also some advice on RAM upgrade would be appreciated, I'm between a G.Skill Ripjaw or a Corsair Vengeance. Thanks guys!
Great call on upgrading your ASUS ROG Strix GL703GM! When it comes to M.2 SSDs, both the WD 850X and Samsung 990 are solid choices, but considering your budget and performance concerns, I'd lean towards the WD 850X. It not only comes at a more budget-friendly price but is known for sustaining performance over the long run. The Samsung 990 might be a bit pricier, but the WD 850X can still offer excellent performance and reliability without breaking the bank.

As for RAM upgrades, both G.Skill Ripjaws and Corsair Vengeance are reputable brands. Either choice should serve you well, so go for the one that fits your aesthetics or is available at a better price. Make sure to check the compatibility with your laptop model and go for a capacity that suits your gaming and multitasking needs.