Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS for small print shop

Hello,

I own a print/sign shop. No employees. I have 2 design computers and 2 print computers on 2 different floors of my building.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced NAS to be able to save my print files from my design computers and be able to access them from my other computers.

I've been using a 1tb Sandisk portable SSD to to save files but having to plug it in every time is getting annoying.

My print files are never very big so 20tb storage would be plenty

I was looking into the WD My Cloud Pro Series PR2100 with 20tb but I am absolutely clueless.

Is there a better alternative?

Thank you
Considering your small print/sign shop's needs, I recommend the Synology DS423+. This Plus series model is well-suited for businesses and offers robust features.

Key features of the DS423+:

Capacity: With the DS423+, you get the flexibility of the RAID configuration, ensuring 20TB of usable space while maintaining data redundancy.

Ease of Use: Synology Plus series NAS devices are known for their intuitive interface, making setup and management straightforward.

File Access: Enjoy seamless access to your print files from different computers within your shop, enhancing workflow efficiency.

Reliability: Synology NAS systems are recognized for their reliability and durability, ensuring a stable storage solution for your business.

This choice allows for effective utilization of your budget and ensures a balance between capacity and redundancy.