Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Recommendation

Hello, looking for recommendations for the following wish list noy all inclusive. This will be used for family storage, editing (Photos and Videos), remote access and video streaming. One member is leaning towards Synology, but I am not personally sold on that direction.
Wish list:
A printer can be attached
4 core w integrated graphics
Expandable Memory
network adapter upgrade port for 10Gbe
M.2 drive bays (2)
GbE LAN port (Supports Link Aggregation / Failover
Gen 3 PCIe lane system
Supports Plex
HDMI port would be nice.

What would you recommend? I have been lurking for years on your website and find the information and presentations very informative.

Thanks for any input,
Ross
Considering your wishlist for family storage, editing, and video streaming, I'd recommend taking a closer look at the QNAP TS-464. It aligns well with your requirements, featuring a 4-core processor, integrated graphics, expandable memory options, two M.2 drive bays for SSD caching, and a GbE LAN port with support for Link Aggregation. Additionally, the PCIe upgrade slot allows you to enhance the network speed to 10GbE in the future. The TS-464 also supports Plex for seamless media management. It's a versatile NAS that suits your home and business needs. Do check out its specifications and features to see if it's the perfect fit for you.