Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS for video editing

Hello, I plan to video editing 4K to 6K footage in 2024. I use Final Cut Pro. I have the latest es M1 and M3 macs. I need to be able to edit between my home and work. That means uploading and downloading footage so I can either start or continue video editing projects from either location. Basically bouncing between locations. I also need to be able to send links for other people to review video projects. I plan to setup a 10GB network but also have Thunderbolt 4 ports with the new Macs. I like ti edit fast if possible on my NAS or at least access fast uploaded footage. What NAS do you recommend I purchase now or should I wait for what 2024 brings? I heard Synology has the best software nut not the fastest hardware. So I’m confused. Any advice or recommendations is greatly appreciated. Feel free to send me links to purchase a NAS system. Thank you very much.
Considering your requirements for fast video editing with 4K to 6K footage using Final Cut Pro on the latest M1 and M3 Macs, a QNAP NAS from the 74 series with Thunderbolt connectivity would be an excellent choice. The Thunderbolt connection ensures lightning-fast data transfer between your NAS and Mac, optimizing your editing workflow. Models like the QNAP TVS-h1288X and TVS-h1688X offer a balance of powerful hardware and versatile connectivity options, including Thunderbolt 3 and 10GbE. These NAS units are equipped to handle your need for seamless editing between home and work locations, with the added benefit of quick access through Thunderbolt 4 ports on your Macs. Don't wait for 2024; invest in a robust solution now that caters to your immediate and future editing needs. For more details and purchasing options, you can explore the recommended QNAP NAS on the NASCompares website
https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/