Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DS923+ or DS423+ or DS723+ Purchase advice

Hi I am new to the forum and Nas world. I have been following you on YT, I am currently using a 2020 WD 6TB My Cloud EX2 Ultra with 6tb. I am using mainly for streaming Flac file music for streaming, photos docs etc and mobile, latop backups. My question is I am I want the ability to future proof as best as I can. Also can I use my existing Nas or drives WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 in the new DS Nas. What would be the best cost effective solution and I need drives what should go for ? Thanks
Welcome to the NAS world! I appreciate you following our content on YouTube. For your use case of streaming FLAC music, managing photos, documents, and backups, you're on the right track by considering Synology NAS models. Let's break down your options:

DS923+: This is a powerful 4-bay NAS with an AMD Ryzen R1600 processor. It offers good performance and future-proofing capabilities. Considering your desire for future-proofing, the DS923+ is a solid choice.

DS423+: If you're looking for a cost-effective solution, the DS423+ is a 4-bay NAS with a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 processor. It's a reliable choice for your needs and offers a good balance between performance and budget.

DS723+: Another option is the DS723+, a 2-bay NAS with an AMD Ryzen R1600 processor. While it has fewer bays, it can still meet your current requirements, and you can always expand storage later if needed.

Regarding using your existing WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 drives, compatibility depends on the NAS model. The DS923+ and DS423+ support 3.5" SATA drives, so your WD Red drives should work seamlessly. The DS723+ supports 2.5"/3.5" SATA drives, so they are also compatible.

For cost-effective storage, WD Red drives are a popular choice. The WD Red series is designed for NAS use, providing reliability and performance. Depending on your budget, you could start with 2 or 4TB drives and expand later if needed.