Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Qnap Users Privacy

Hello,

I want my family members to have access to my nas but me as admin I don't want to have any access to their files or account I only should have access to delete their account. And I also don't want to share any folder with them I want them to access the nas and make their own folders without me knowing which folders they have created and what files they have uploaded.

Kindly advise if this is possible and if so please provide detailed instructions cuz in user group I've noticed I can't uncheck "everyone" option. I want each person to be on their own me as admin only want permission to modify their account like increasing their usage limit and option for me to delete their account.

thank you. Looking forward to your reply
Absolutely, you can configure user accounts on your QNAP NAS to ensure privacy and autonomy for your family members. Here's a step-by-step guide to achieve the setup you're looking for:

Create Individual User Accounts:

Access the QNAP NAS administration interface.
Navigate to "Control Panel" > "Privilege" > "Users."
Create individual user accounts for each family member.
Adjust User Permissions:

Still in the "Privilege" section, go to "Shared Folders" and set permissions for each user.
Uncheck "everyone" for each folder and assign permissions only to the respective user. This way, each family member will have exclusive access to their folders.
Fine-tune Access Control:

Under "Privilege" > "Users," select each user, and you can modify their permissions.
To ensure privacy, uncheck any permissions that you don't want them to have.
Quotas and Deletion Rights:

You can set storage quotas for each user to control their usage limit. This is done under "Privilege" > "Quota."
As the admin, you'll have the right to delete user accounts as needed.
Personal Folder Creation:

Users can create their own folders without interference. This is a standard feature, and you don't need to do anything specific to enable it.
Remember to save your changes after each adjustment. With these settings, your family members will have independent access to their folders, and you, as the admin, will have the necessary controls for account management.