Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for home use

Need a NAS with the following capabilites

1. Supports a fair number of User Share with and without permissions.
2. Can act as a Cloud Storage for IOS and Android (mostly for pictures taken and actively moved to Cloud) as well as for PC's outside my home network.
3. Will support USB drives attached
4. Will support a USB printer so it can be shared across multiple PC (low priority)

Note: I am currently using a Cable Modem connected to COX as my ISP.
Considering your home requirements and a budget of up to $350, a suitable option could be the QNAP TS-262. This Celeron-based NAS offers:

User Shares and Permissions: QNAP QTS operating system provides an intuitive interface for managing user shares and permissions, ensuring secure access control.

Cloud Storage for iOS and Android: QNAP NAS supports Qsync, a feature that facilitates file synchronization across iOS, Android, and PC/Mac devices, providing efficient cloud-like access.

Support for USB Drives: The TS-262 includes USB ports, allowing you to easily connect and expand your storage with external USB drives.

USB Printer Sharing: While a lower priority, the TS-262 can serve as a print server, enabling shared access to a USB printer.

Feel free to explore alternatives like the Synology DS220+ as well, but the QNAP TS-262 could be a solid fit for your needs.