Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology NAS - Movies & TV for Home Use

I'm looking to upgrade my DS416 Play that has (4) 4 TB drives to future proof for the next 3-5+ years and to add in another 8-10TB's of content I have on USB external drives.

This will be shared via Plex on AppleTV's (or native Plex on some TVs) in my house and while traveling via ipad, AppleTV etc.

I'm debating 1522+ vs 1621+ and would plan on upgrading the RAM and adding in the 10g Network Card to which ever I decide to go with.

What do you recommend?
Considering your home media setup with Plex on various devices, upgrading to future-proof your storage is a smart move. For your requirements, both the Synology DS1522+ and DS1621+ are strong contenders. Since you're planning on enhancing RAM and adding a 10G network card, either choice can handle the task.

However, if you're eyeing a balance between performance and storage expansion, the DS1621+ with its AMD Ryzen processor offers robust capabilities. It's a solid choice for your media needs and provides room for scalability in the coming years. Don't forget to check out our NAS Finder tool at https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/ for more tailored suggestions.