Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hoping for Great Advise

I am totally new to the NAS world...  If you have answers / advise please let me know...

My wife and I have two homes. One in Washington state, the other in Oregon.

I travel between homes with my laptop.

Is it possible to set up a NAS at the Oregon house and backup to it real time while my laptop (and I) are at the other house?

Can I hookup the NAS to the internet and backup to it from anywhere?

Lastly can I access the NAS from my laptop/PC and my wife backup her MAC as well?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated!
Absolutely, setting up a NAS in your Oregon house and ensuring real-time backups while you're at the other house is completely doable. Synology's QuickConnect service or Tailscale VPN can be handy tools, allowing you to connect and utilize the NAS seamlessly, whether you're physically present or remotely accessing it over the internet. This ensures a hassle-free backup experience that caters to your dynamic lifestyle.

Moreover, accessing the NAS from your laptop/PC and having your wife back up her MAC is straightforward. Synology NAS devices, such as the DS423+ with its quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 and transcoding engine, or the DS1621+ with AMD Ryzen V1500B, offer robust capabilities for remote and local use. Their versatile features make them apt for accommodating your backup needs and ensuring accessibility for both Windows and MAC systems. For more detailed NAS recommendations tailored to your specific requirements, you might want to check out our NAS Finder tool at https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/. It provides a quick and easy way to find the right NAS solution for you.