Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS SYSTEM

I been looking at a synology system and im considering ether the ds1522+ and the expansions bays when needed or the ds2422+ and call it a day. the 1522 with 2 dx517 are about the cost of a single 2422.
the reason i wanted so many bays is i figured that id need a separate volume for my plex/cloud from my nvr. as id like to have raid 6 with a hot spare for the plex/cloud and at less a single drive for nvr

also i been playing with the idea of dva series but the 2 bay seem not that powerful and the 4 bay is very expensive

i plan on having about 6-8 cameras
Absolutely, your foresight in considering future expansion needs is commendable. The Synology DS1522+ with additional expansion bays offers a cost-effective solution compared to the DS2422+, ensuring you have the flexibility to scale as your storage demands grow. Your plan for a separate RAID 6 setup with a hot spare for Plex/cloud and a dedicated drive for NVR is sound, optimizing both performance and data integrity. Regarding the DVA series, your observation aligns with the performance trade-offs in the 2-bay and 4-bay options. Given your camera setup, the scalable DS1522+ configuration appears to be a wise choice.