Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Inquiry on Media Server for Offline Setup with DS224+

Hi NASCompares Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm seeking advice on choosing a media server for my DS224+ with particular considerations for offline setup and local network sharing.

Specifics:

I need a media software that allows online setup but works seamlessly offline.
The ability to share media via a local network when offline is crucial.
Considering these requirements and my DS224+ setup, I would appreciate your insights on platforms like Plex, Emby, and Jellyfin.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
For your DS224+ NAS with a focus on an offline setup and local network sharing, you have some excellent options to consider: Plex, Emby, and Jellyfin.

Plex is a popular media server known for its user-friendly interface and robust features. While it typically relies on online authentication, you can set up a Plex server offline, and as long as the content is available locally, you'll be able to share it across your network without an internet connection.

Emby is another solid choice that allows you to create your media server. It provides offline access to your media content, and you can easily share your library over a local network. Emby offers flexibility in terms of customization and control over your media.

Jellyfin is an open-source alternative, offering features similar to Plex and Emby. Being open-source, it allows for more customization, and you have complete control over your server. Jellyfin can operate offline, making it a suitable choice for your requirements. The easiest to set up will be Video Station.