Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS

Greetings guys, love your cannel and i am digging deep to deside where to go from my qnap ts-328. I want moore powerfull cpu moore ram and a hdmi output. I bought the ts-328 as a test and to learn how to use a nas and what my needs are. i populated it with 3 x 8tb exos disks. I think i am ready now to move on and use the ts-328 as a backup on/off and only that. My first choise was the ts-653D then i saw the ts-464 , a lovely machine. But now we have the Asustore Flashstore 6 Silent like i want it. HELP! If i sortof know may way around a Qunap will it be hard to switch to Asustore? and what about safety , is Qunap and Asustore equally safe/unsafe. I can get a used cheap ts 653D but how noisy is that conpared to the Asustore flash? and last but not least futureproofing. Will the Asustore be the best choise long term. Witch one would you buy of the 3 i listed here. Thank you for your time. Merry xNAS guys

Glad you're enjoying the NAS exploration! When it comes to your upgrade from the QNAP TS-328, considering the Asustor Flashstore 6 Silent is a wise move. In terms of safety, both QNAP and Asustor prioritize security, so you're in good hands either way. Noise levels should be similar, especially considering the impact of HDDs. If you're looking for long-term viability, the Asustor Flashstore 6 Silent fits the bill with its sleek design and potential for future storage needs. Transitioning from QNAP to Asustor might require a backup and data transfer, so be prepared for a bit of a setup process. Happy xNAS hunting and best of luck with your new storage adventure!