Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Home NAS options

I'm looking at getting a device that can sit alongside my other entertainment devices (PS5, Nintendo switch, virgin tevo box and wifi router) under the TV unit.

My wife and i take a lot of photos and video on our phones and we would like a way on getting the quickly and easily off our phones into storage. So it doesn't clog up our phones and laptops

I would quite like it to be as quiet as possible as it will be in the main lounge area so don't really want loud fans starting up and the mechanical clanking that you can get from some storage options.

Any advice as to what to look for would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Adam

For a home NAS that sits in your main lounge area alongside entertainment devices, you'd want something with minimal noise. Generally, desktop NAS models are not very loud, but keep in mind that hard drives can contribute to noise. Considering your budget and storage needs, the Synology DS224+ or DS423+ could be great options. They offer a balance of performance and quiet operation, especially when equipped with SATA SSDs, which can significantly reduce overall noise. Additionally, these models provide flexibility for future needs and are well-suited for your photo and video storage requirements. Check out the NAS finder tool (https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/) for more personalized recommendations.