Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Plex Storage

Hi, I currently have a built plex server with 10tb raid setup. The server is getting long in the tooth and drive expansion is minimal. Im looking at moving to a NAS specifically for storage and something like a nuc to run as the server. Everywhere online I am finding NAS as the plex server which I don't want. I think I might prefer more bays with low disk size but I need to get to 20tb and hopefully at some point additional storage. Right now my use case is plex but may want to use it for more later. Surveillance is never a question for this. That said what nas would you recommend that doesn't necessarily break the bank. Thanks Mike
Absolutely, Mike! For your Plex needs, pairing a 12th gen i5 NUC PC as your server is an excellent choice. Considering your preference for ample storage bays without breaking the bank, I'd recommend going for a NAS like the Synology DS423 or a Terramaster NAS, both of which offer a good balance of affordability and functionality. With these options, you can easily achieve your 20TB storage goal and even expand further when needed. Connect it to your NUC PC via USB or LAN, and you'll have a robust setup for your Plex media.