Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NOVICE BEGINNER

Hello There
I'm a new beginner and i would like to start from the very out of the box and starting from scratch to starting with 2 hard drives. I watch plenty utubes that were very helpful ,but a little assistance from some experts. Your help will be appreciate very much.

Thank you kindly
Mr Stevenson III

Welcome to the world of NAS! It's fantastic that you're eager to start your journey with the Asustor Lockerstor 4 Gen 2 NAS. Setting up a NAS is a rewarding experience, and I'm here to assist you. To kick things off, ensure you have your NAS unboxed and powered up. Connect it to your network, and you can access the Asustor setup portal through a web browser using the NAS's IP address.

Firstly, let's initialize your hard drives. Insert your two hard drives into the NAS bays. Once inserted, log in to the Asustor Control Center to begin the initialization process. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a storage volume. You can choose between RAID configurations based on your preference for data protection and storage capacity.

Next, explore the ADM (Asustor Data Master) operating system. It's your NAS control center. Familiarize yourself with the interface, and you'll find options for user management, file sharing, and installing applications.