Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Plex Server

I need to retire an old Drobo S which currently has 3x 8TB and 2 x 4TB drives installed.
I currently use an old 2012 MacMini as a Plex Server but am hoping an up to date NAS will provide better performance, although I'm not sure on this.
I want the ability to mix drives like the Drobo allowed.
For your needs, the Synology DS423+ would be a solid choice to replace your aging Drobo S and MacMini Plex server. The DS423+ is a 4-bay NAS that offers a good balance of performance and storage capacity. It features a quad-core Intel Celeron processor and 2GB of RAM, ensuring smooth multimedia streaming and transcoding for Plex.

The DS423+ supports the ability to mix drives, allowing you to utilize your existing 8TB and 4TB drives while providing room for future expansion or upgrades. Its user-friendly DiskStation Manager (DSM) interface makes it easy to set up and manage your NAS.

With a budget range of £500 - £900, the DS423+ fits comfortably and provides room for additional storage or other upgrades. Remember to consider getting a Plex Pass for enhanced features on your Plex server.