Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology DS1821+ RT6600ax

Hi, I have been watching you guys on YT for more than a year, very helpful! Thank you.

I have a DS1821+ and just acquired a RT6600ax router, as I noticed in your DSM 7 reviews that WiFi dongles would not be supported by Synology.

I am trying to use the RT6600ax to provide wireless access to my DS1821+. The goal is to access the NAS wirelessly using a Fire Stick 4K attached to a projector in the living room (single storey 2br apartment) and also use the RT6600ax to connect the NAS to the internet from the established Netgear AX2400 wireless modem/router in the kitchen.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Great to hear you find our YT content helpful! Connecting your DS1821+ to the Synology RT6600ax for wireless access is a smart move. Since DSM 7 doesn't support Wi-Fi dongles, using a capable router for this purpose is a solid alternative.

Follow the mesh setup guide you've shared, and you should be on your way to seamless wireless NAS access. Make sure your Fire Stick 4K is connected to the RT6600ax network, and you'll enjoy streaming from your DS1821+ in no time.