Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Selecting the right solution for us

New to NAS! We run a small family company.
We're looking for a solution to serve as a hybrid for both our private and business business needs:
-backing up family photos and videos, predominantly from mobile phones. (4 users).

-sharing work documents I.e. instead of emailing documents (internally), we want a shared folder and to have different folders set with different permissions/members (I.e. so a manager can have a separate folder for each employee, as well as a group folder). (7 people in our office).

-secure remote access- one of our managers lives abroad (as well as a family member who will be uploading photos). We need a solution that can work well for remote access. Ideally also for employees working from home on certain days.

- migrating work email server- ideally have this as our main IMAP server (7 users, currenly under 10GB)

-crm /phone contacts back up.
From what I read so far, Im leaning to the DS723. Correct?
Hey there! Welcome to the NAS club! Your plan for the Synology DS723 sounds spot-on for your family biz needs. It's like the Swiss Army knife of NAS—great for storing family pics and vids, and it'll keep your work docs super organized with different folders and permissions for your crew.

The remote access mojo on this thing is top-notch. Your managers abroad and the family photo uploader will love it. Plus, it's perfect for those work-from-home days.

For email, the DS723 can handle some basics, but for a heavy-duty email setup, you might want to check out dedicated email hosting.

And hey, about CRM, there's a bunch of third-party apps in Synology's toolbox that you can explore for contacts and stuff.
https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/