Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jonsbo N3

>$1000 budget

I was looking at your Jonsbo $1000. If you were not limited to that budget what are the components you would upgrade and to what?

I was looking at this: https://store.minisforum.com/products/minisforum-ar900i?sscid=c1k7_athtz& - would you pick this over the Intel Core i5-12600K 12th Gen? More cores + less power consumption. Not sure the disadvantages and other components will need to swap out in the build.
Glad you're eyeing the Jonsbo N3 build! If budget wasn't a limit, here's where I'd tweak things:

CPU: While the Minisforum AR900i is intriguing with more cores and lower power consumption, the Intel Core i5-12600K is a beast in terms of performance. Stick with the i5 for a solid balance of power and efficiency.

RAM: Bump it up to 32GB for future-proofing, especially if you're diving into more resource-intensive tasks.

Storage: Consider an NVMe SSD for faster system responsiveness. A Samsung 970 EVO Plus or WD Black SN750 would be great choices.

GPU: If you're getting into any graphics-intensive work, adding a dedicated GPU could be worthwhile. An NVIDIA GTX 1660 Super or an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT would give you a significant boost.