Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cyberpower UPS

After watching your video on UPS’s, I’ve decided to buy one. I have a Mac Studio and Studio display and in the next few weeks a Synology DS 923+, which I would like to protect, mainly from power outages. I’ve been living in Denmark for the last 30 years we don’t have power surges or drops, but I want to protect my investments just in case. I’ve chosen 2 Cyberpower Adaptive Sinewave models
CP1300EPFCLCD and CP1500EPFCLCD. I have a question maybe you know the answer as it’s a little confusing. In Denmark I can only buy UPS’s with either Schuko or IEC connectors and some with both. Can you use adaptors with UPS the Danish plugs are different as are the English. What does one do in this situation. I also have a desk I can move up or down can I use a short extension (2 metres) from the UPS up to my Mac Studio and Studio Display as the cables will not be long enough to reach the UPS.
You have been a great help to me over the last few weeks, so much so that I know exactly what to buy next.
Protecting your setup with a UPS is a wise move. Regarding the adapters, you can use them with UPS units. Ensure they are of good quality to handle the power load. For the desk movement, a short extension (2 meters) from the UPS to your Mac Studio and Studio Display should be fine, just make sure it's a reliable extension cord. As for the Cyberpower UPS models you've chosen, both the CP1300EPFCLCD and CP1500EPFCLCD are solid options. They offer adaptive sinewave and provide ample protection for your gear.