Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Syncthing setup on QNAP ?

I have Syncthing running on my Synology and 3 Windows computers. While I did have a few teething issues, all of the syncs are running fine now. So, I tried to introduce my QNAP NAS into the mix but it's not going anywhere. I'm sure that my folder path is correct ( /share/volume_name/sync_target_folder ). I suspect that it may be a permission issue because nothing it being written to the target folder on the QNAP including the .stfolder . But, according to various post on the Syncthing forum, no special permissions are needed on a QNAP NAS. ( On the Synology, Syncthing creates a system user and that user must be given permissions to the folders wanting to be sync'd.) I have searched the Syncthing forum for a solution but have exhausted all avenues.

Anyone setup Syncthing on a QNAP NAS that can point me in the right direction ?
Maybe this helps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnH-ZAxo844
Thanks Ed, but I'm too stubborn let this go. I finally figured it out although I think my solution is a work around to a deficiency in Syncthing.

For other Syncthing / QNAP users, here's what I did to fix the issue :

The correct path to your shared folders is : /share/target_folder

The second thing that I did was to copy the .stfolder from the Synology to the QNAP and that got things up and going.