Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Low power/noise NAS

Looking for a low power and low noise NAS.
2+ bays would be nice.
Plan to get the Toshiba Cloud-Scale Capacity MG09ACA 18TB.

Want to run: piHole, PLEX, downloader
Want to stream to smart TV

Future expansion possibilities would be nice.

Was looking at:
DS224+
Ds423+

Since friends mainly recommend me Synology, I am a bit biased but I’m open to try any other company fulfilling my desires?

Thanks for your great YouTube channel and the content you provide. I’m sure that you will have great recommendations for me.

Regards and thank you in advance
Absolutely, Synology is indeed a top choice, and considering your requirements, the DS224+ and DS423+ are solid options. The DS224+ with its dual 1GbE LAN and the ability to handle flex transcode makes it a reliable choice for your intended applications like piHole, PLEX, and downloading. On the other hand, if you're eyeing future expansion, the DS423+ offers four bays and a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 with transcoding engine, ensuring both performance and scalability. Your choice of the Toshiba Cloud-Scale Capacity MG09ACA 18TB aligns well with your storage needs. And hey, thanks for the shoutout to our YouTube channel! For more tailored suggestions based on your budget and requirements, you might find the NAS Finder Tool at https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/ handy.