Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First NAS

I have a 3TB HDD full of photos and videos and I have another 3TB drive as backup. You can probably guess the rest. My HDD failed and when I checked the backup HDD, it had also failed. I'm hoping:
1. I can retrieve the data from the failed HDD's
2. I want to ensure it doesn't happen to me again.
I've got all of my business files on Google Drive and would like to have a local copy. If I can have a system where I can ditch Google Drive, or just get by with their free plan, that would be a bonus. There's about 80GB of data on Google Drive and my business has been running for 3 years. Ideally, I want it to be pretty user-friendly. Right now, we have 7 devices with a mix of Mac and PC. Suggestions please?
Considering your needs for data retrieval from failed HDDs, data backup, and local storage for business files, the DS923+ or DS423+ from Synology would be excellent choices. These NAS devices provide a reliable and user-friendly solution for both Mac and PC users. With the flexibility to accommodate up to 4 or 5 hard drives, depending on the model, you can set up a robust RAID configuration for data protection and redundancy, reducing the risk of losing data in case of drive failure. Additionally, these models offer powerful hardware, ensuring smooth operations and the capability to handle your 80GB of business data seamlessly. To simplify the process, consider using the NAS Finder tool (https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/) to explore other compatible options and find the best fit for your specific requirements. Investing in a NAS like DS923+ or DS423+ not only addresses your current needs but also provides scalability for future storage requirements, making it a solid choice for the next 5 years.