Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

i need a nas for a small business and don't yet understand what would be best

i am looking for a recommendation on a nas for a small print shop. the editing station loads the print or cut file to the server than the respective station pulls the respective files. we have a network in place but need to upgrade the server system and a nas seemed like the best budget friendly option. the files are not individually that large (normally less than 1.5gb) but the boss wants longish term storage on the nas.
security and being able to assign differing levels of file access to each device is important. and the ability to monitor the server is also quite important
Considering your requirements for a small print shop, a Synology NAS from the Plus series would be an excellent choice. Specifically, I recommend looking into the Synology DS224+ or DS723+. These models offer robust performance and can handle file transfers efficiently within your network. If you foresee a future need for 10GbE connectivity, the DS224+ is a solid option, providing scalability. With a budget-friendly approach, both models can accommodate your minimum 4TB storage requirement, and their expandable storage options make them suitable for long-term storage needs. Synology's DSM operating system allows for secure file access management, ensuring you can assign different levels of access to each device. Additionally, monitoring the server's performance is made easy with the intuitive DSM interface.
For a personalized approach to finding the right NAS that fits your specific needs, I recommend using the NAS Finder tool at https://nascompares.com/nas-builder/.