Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS needs

I sometimes work with a remote video editor. It's not an incredible amount of data. 10TB maximum per project, then they get shelved. I would like to setup a system where my editor automatically has what ever I offload. I don't care if it is the newest, just want it to work.

I am working off a Mac. Davinci Studio. Regular old Fiber Internet. I also own 6 4-8TB Sata SSD's.
Considering your video editing needs and budget, the DS923+ from Synology would be an excellent choice. Its AMD Ryzen R1600 processor with a passmark of 3147 and 4 GB DDR4 ECC RAM make it a robust performer. The inclusion of 10GbE ensures seamless data transfer, crucial for video editing workflows. Additionally, it supports up to 4 bays, allowing ample storage expansion as your projects grow. The DS923+ is well-suited for collaborative remote work, providing your editor with automatic access to offloaded data. Given your setup with Mac and Davinci Studio, this NAS, coupled with your existing 4-8TB SATA SSDs, provides a reliable and cost-effective solution. For further insights, check our NAS Finder Tool: nascompares.com/nas-builder/.