Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Searching for NAS with SSD

Now use 6 yr old WD EX2 My Cloud with 8 TB (2 drives 4 TB each in RAI D 0). Want to upgrade to all solid state drives. NAS used to share data between 5 PC by WiFi. All Windows PC, 4 Win 10, 1 Win 11. Would like to be able to access data from anywhere by internet (a feature in the EX My Cloud). Does this type of equipment exist?
In your quest to upgrade from the aging WD My Cloud EX2, consider the DS224+ from Synology. Featuring a quad-core Intel Celeron J4125 and 2 GB DDR4 non-ECC RAM, this NAS is a balanced choice for seamless communication with your Windows PCs. Its dual 1GbE LAN ports ensure efficient data transfer, and it comes equipped with flex transcoding capabilities, no app limits, and features like Active Backup for Business and VM support. While it does have a 5GbE USB limitation and lacks expansion units, the DS224+ is a solid investment, catering to your current needs and providing room for future requirements. Explore more options with our NAS Finder Tool: nascompares.com/nas-builder/.