Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting up Asustor AS6604T

I watched your great videos, but I am still have an issue and couple of questions.

1. When I use windows network drive mapping, it does not accept any user / password combo.

2. When I use ACC, it opens file explorer, it does not connect and opens my local documents folder.

3. In the settings, In general & network section, do I enable IPv6? I don't see any other options that your video shows.

4. In the services settings, do I need to setup anything like SMB etc.?

Thanks,
Gaurang Desai
For Windows network drive mapping, make sure your NAS user account has the necessary permissions. Double-check the credentials and ensure they match your NAS login.

Regarding ACC, ensure you've set up the correct folder path in the application. If it's still redirecting to your local documents folder, adjust the settings to point to the desired location on your NAS.

In the general & network settings, enabling IPv6 is optional and depends on your network configuration. If you're not specifically using IPv6, leaving it disabled won't impact your NAS functionality.

In the services settings, especially for file sharing (SMB), make sure it's activated if you plan to access your NAS from Windows machines. Adjust other settings based on your usage needs.