Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP TVS-873e RAM

I have a QNAP TVS-873e and bought
2 x 16GB RAM from Crucial DDR4-2400 SODIMM 1.2V CL17
The NAS starts up and works, but the NAS is very slow.

I saw your YouTube video on this but I still struggle to understand what I have done wrong.

And I asked QNAP support, and they just dragged along this ticket to internity. I started the request for help in Aug 2023, and now we are almost in Dec 2023.

All they have done so far is "wing it" and asked me to take away the new RAM modules, and just used the 2 x 4GB RAM that was included in the purchase.

The RAM I bought was as good as I understood from QNAPs recommendation of the right RAM (table), but Im scared that I have purchased the wrong RAM.

So what could I do?
It seems like you've hit a roadblock with your QNAP TVS-873e RAM upgrade. If you're experiencing a slowdown specifically after the RAM upgrade, there might be an issue with the new modules. My advice would be to consider replacing them. On the other hand, if the NAS was sluggish both before and after the upgrade, it could indicate that the hardware might be struggling to cope with the latest OS demands. In this case, the age of the NAS might be a limiting factor. Considering the timeframe since your support request with QNAP hasn't yielded a solution, it might be worth exploring alternatives or reaching out to the QNAP community forums for additional insights. For future-proofing, it might also be worth considering a more robust NAS solution that aligns with your current and potential future needs. Feel free to check out our NAS Finder tool for recommendations based on your requirements. And by the way, with Black Friday deals ongoing, you might find some great discounts on NAS systems – check them out here: https://amzn.to/3QRCZyL. Good luck with resolving the slowdown issue!