Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What's Best NAS for Me?

Hi, I'm looking for advice on the best NAS for me. Please see the bullet points below for how I hope to use it:
-Store personal/family files, documents, music, etc.
-Store and share photos/videos (Like Google Photos)
-Heavy use of Plex in 4k - I'm considering buying a Plex Pass so I can watch Plex content on my devices in the future

Just hoping for something low maintenance and powerful enough for the next 5-10 years. I think I'd only need 2-bays, and I would buy 2 X 8-12 TB drives, storing everything on the 1st and just using the 2nd for backup (Redundancy).

After reading some of the articles on your site, I think the DS224+ or DS723+ will work best for me, but I also don't want to break the bank if I don't need the +series.

Any advice would be very appreciated, thanks!

Mike
Hey Mike! Thanks for reaching out. For your needs, the DS224+ sounds like a solid choice with its Celeron processor and transcoding capabilities. It strikes a good balance between performance and cost, making it a reliable option for your personal and Plex use. Considering your preference for 2 bays and plans for redundancy with 8-12 TB drives, the DS224+ should handle your storage and backup needs well. If you're focusing on Plex in 4K, the Celeron and transcoding combo in the DS224+ will serve you admirably. Keep in mind the DS723+ might be overkill for remote streaming, so the DS224+ seems like the sweet spot. And hey, don't miss out on any Black Friday deals – check them here: https://amzn.to/3QRCZyL. Happy NAS shopping!