Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Caching

I’ve just sent a message on NVME ssd for caching. I forgot to ask should caching be read only or read write. Is there any danger of looseing files with read write. I think SpaceRex mentioned something about a system could be corrupted to read only if using read write caching.
Kind regards
Hey there! Thanks for reaching out. When it comes to caching on NVMe SSDs, if you're looking to leverage both read and write caching, you'll need to go for a pair of SSDs. Using a single stick will limit you to read-only caching. As for the concern about file loss, there's a potential risk of system corruption if you exclusively use read-write caching. It's always a good practice to have a balanced setup. If you're interested in specific NVMe options, check out this list with reliability ratings like DWPD/MTBF: https://nascompares.com/answer/nvme-m-2-...dwpd-mtbf/. Keep in mind that caching involves a lot of read and write operations, so reliability is key. If you have any more questions or need further recommendations, feel free to ask! ?